Looking for something in particular?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More updates!

Woohoo! I didn't wait another two months to blog again!

Film update:

Due to the stupidity and unpredictability (mostly the latter) of Texas weather and other lovely (not) little incidents, filming is taking a lot longer than expected. My hope (crossing fingers) is that we can finish this weekend, before I go off on my long-awaited Europe trip next week. Again, FINGERS CROSSED.  And toes. And...eyes? Whatever helps. But if we can manage to get all the footage we need, this movie is going to be amazing. Just saying.

Writing update:

Work on Flash is going a little slow, but what I'm really excited for is Camp NaNoWriMo, a very exciting new program from the National Novel Writing Month people. This will let all of us crazy people who think we can write a novel in 30 days do it all year round! I'm excited because I've learned from past experiences and from my work on Flash that, because of my procrastination, I need firm deadlines in order to get anything done and that only through NaNoWriMo can I actually finish a novel in a reasonable amount of time.

Camp NaNoWriMo begins in July, so here's my plan:

June: Do what I can with Flash and outline my next novel, Clandestine Services. I'm excited about this second one because it will be the first in a planned series of mystery novels starring NYPD Detectives Dhanya and Dave. I'll also be finishing work on Deadly Notes somewhere in here.

July: I'll participate in the FIRST EVER CAMP NANOWRIMO! Excitement! Yay! Cheering! Here, I'll attempt to write all 60-70k words of Clandestine Services during the month of July. When I'm "taking breaks" (a.k.a. procrastinating) I'll outline for the next novel in the series.

August: Camp NaNoWriMo will be going again, and so will I! During this second run, I'll either a) write the next novel in the series or b) break the "start a new project" rule and use the time to finish Flash, depending on how tired of Dhanya and Dave I am by that point. Again, I'll take breaks to outline when I "have free time" (a.k.a am procrastinating). Part of the novel will be written on the road, because in late August I'll be heading off to college in California!

Acting update:

I've submitted for a few projects, but the problem is that most of their audition, rehearsal, and shooting dates conflict with when I'm going to be out of town. I have quite a bit of free time in July and August, so hopefully after my Europe trip I'll be able to land a role or two (while I'm writing novels and editing Deadly Notes, of course).

So that's life right now! So much for a relatively free summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment